Workshop and Spark Session Proposals Deadline Extended: 10/10
Apply to Present at the 12th Annual NPEA Conference, April 15-17, 2020, in Boston, MA!
We invite you to submit a Workshop or Spark Session proposal for NPEA’s 12th annual conference, taking place on April 15-17, 2020 in Boston, MA. Over 100 professionals support the work of NPEA each year by presenting at the national conference, and more than 400 conference attendees gather from across the nation to share best practices and learn from each other.
Presenting at the NPEA conference is a great way to:
- Support and engage in active learning with attendees
- Share your ideas and expertise with a diverse audience on a national platform
- Enrich your own professional growth
- Stand together with a group of like-minded educators committed to improving outcomes for underserved students and dismantling systems of inequity
- Reach out and rise up in support of students
- Review a PDF of the Workshop and Spark Session Proposal Application
- Review the Workshops Cheat Sheet for suggested topics, presenter FAQs, and presenter expectations prior to submitting your application
- Review the NEW Spark Session Cheat Sheet for an overview of this year’s new session type, as well as suggested topics and presenter FAQs.
- Apply Now through the online application form
Deadline for Submissions: Thursday, October 10, 2019
The NPEA conference offers sessions on a range of topics addressing the needs and interests of our diverse audience. We encourage proposals that focus on best practices, lessons learned, and current research on supporting underserved students, while remaining relevant to the conference theme of reaching out — to our students, to each other, and to our communities — and rising up together in pursuit of progress.
This year, we are accepting proposals for Workshop Sessions (75 minutes each) and Spark Sessions (7-10 minute presentations, part of a 60 minute block) to take place on Thursday, April 16 and Friday, April 17.
We invite you to view our 2019 Conference Program for examples of past workshop sessions.