NEW: NPEA Member Discounts on Professional Education Programs from Harvard Graduate School of Education
NPEA is pleased to announce a new learning alliance with Professional Education (PE) at the Harvard Graduate School of Education! NPEA members have the opportunity to attend PPE summer programs at 20% off the regular tuition. Below, please find information about each of the programs which take place in May, June, and July 2019. To receive the 20% discount in tuition, NPEA members should:
1) Apply for the interested program through the program webpage first. No payment will be required at this stage;
2) Upon acceptance, you will receive a confirmation email and be asked to complete an enrollment form (different from the application form). On the enrollment form, you can input a discount code and a discount of 20% will automatically apply to your invoice. For the discount code, check the latest NPEA Member Newsletter (Winter 2018-19), or email Alex.
Race, Equity, and Leadership in Schools
5/13/19 – 5/16/19 (Apply by 4/1/19)
Develop the skills and historical understanding to lead courageous conversations about race, power, and equity in your school community.
Post-Secondary Success: In Schools, Communities, and Families
6/23/19 – 6/26/19 (Apply by 5/10/19)
Gain tools and frameworks for advancing students on a path to post-secondary success.
Closing the Achievement Gap: Strategies for Excellence with Equity
6/29/19 – 7/3/19 (Apply by 5/24/19)
Learn how to raise achievement levels for all students—while narrowing gaps between groups—by increasing teacher, student, and family engagement.
Family Engagement in Education: Creating Effective Home and School Partnerships for Student Success
7/22/19 – 7/25/19 (Apply by 6/10/19)
Design family engagement practices that are directly connected to student learning. Increase your capacity to engage staff, families, and your community to improve student outcomes.
January 24: Emotional Wellbeing of Students of Color During Transitions, presented by Dr. David P. Rivera (The Steve Fund).
Read more here.
Stay tuned for future webinar information, and please email Alex Newell if you have any questions and/or are interested in being involved.
- National Network of Schools in Partnership Conference (Washington, DC): January 27-28, 2019
- Private Schools with Public Purpose Conference (New York, NY): March 7-9, 2019
- CAP College Success Institute (run by an NPEA Member, the Making Waves Foundation) (San Francisco Bay Area, CA): May 20-21, 2019