2020 Award for Excellence in Educational Access
Congratulations to the Winner of the 2020 NPEA/Cooke Award for Excellence Winner:
View a recording of our virtual announcement of this year’s award winner here.
The Award, sponsored by the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, recognizes an NPEA member organization or program that has made a notable difference in the lives of underserved students and has demonstrated:
- Effective practices in supporting underserved students with high-quality educational opportunities along the K-16 continuum;
- Commitment to using data to inform and improve programming as well as organizational/program practices more broadly;
- Support for students’ personal growth and success as critical thinkers, ethical leaders, and supportive community members;
- Commitment to sustainability, including evidence of systems that support long-term success and/or potential growth;
- Leadership in the community and commitment to the field of educational access; and
- Creative problem-solving, innovation, adaptability, and productive growth in meeting the needs of their constituents.
Thank you and congratulations to all of our 2020 Nominees:
To read about the winner of the 2019 Award for Excellence in Educational Access, Leadership Enterprise for a Diverse America (LEDA), please click here.
To read about the winner of the 2015 Award for Excellence in Collaboration, The Clarence T.C. Ching PUEO Program at Punahou School, please click here.
Past winners also include Buffalo Prep (2014), Aim High (2013), The Partners Program at The College Preparatory School (2012), and Middle Grades Partnership (2011).