2019 Award for Excellence in Educational Access
Raising Our Voices:
Bold Innovations That Empower Students
Chicago – April 3-5, 2019
Award for Excellence in Educational Access
For the fourth year in a row, NPEA Member Jack Kent Cooke Foundation is generously sponsoring the Award for Excellence in Educational Access. The Award will recognize an NPEA Member Organization/Program or School who has made a notable difference in the lives of underserved students and has demonstrated:
- Effective practices in supporting underserved students with high-quality educational opportunities along the K-16 continuum;
- Commitment to using data to inform and improve programming as well as organizational/school practices more broadly;
- Support for students’ personal growth and success as critical thinkers, ethical leaders, and supportive community members;
- Commitment to sustainability, including evidence of systems that support long-term success and/or potential growth;
- Leadership in the community and commitment to the field of educational access; and
- Creative problem-solving, innovation, adaptability, and productive growth in meeting the needs of their constituents.
The 2019 Award will recognize overall Excellence in Educational Access. In addition to recognition on NPEA’s website and social media sites, as well as a formal announcement at the annual conference, the winner of the 2019 Award for Excellence in Educational Access will receive a $5,000 monetary gift. We are grateful to the Cooke Foundation for their fourth year of generously sponsoring the 2019 Award for Excellence in Educational Access. The winner of the Award will be announced at the 2019 national conference in Chicago, IL. While encouraged, you do not have to attend the conference to be eligible to win.
- Only current NPEA Members in good standing are eligible for nomination.
- Members can, and are encouraged to, nominate themselves. Please note: Individuals are not eligible to win this Award.
- NPEA member must be able to demonstrate program/school impact, results, and student success.
The Nomination Period has Passed. Thanks to those who submitted Nominations; the winner will be announced at the Conference.
Please complete the online nomination form here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NPEA2019Award.
To see a pdf of the application form, click here. Note: The application must be completed on SurveyMonkey; the PDF is only for your convenience.
Nominations will include the following:
- Contact information for the NPEA Member Org/Program or School
- Names and contact information for at least two references who can speak to the qualifications of the NPEA Member Org/Program or School
- Description of the NPEA Member’s mission and services
- Description of the NPEA Member’s success and impact on the lives of underserved students and families, as evidenced through demonstrations of the six award criteria referenced on the previous page
Nominations must be received no later than Thursday, February 28.
To read about the winner of the 2015 Award for Excellence in Collaboration, The Clarence T.C. Ching PUEO Program at Punahou School, please click here.
Past winners also include Buffalo Prep (2014), Aim High (2013), The Partners Program at The College Preparatory School (2012), and Middle Grades Partnership (2011).