NPEA is proud to offer an exceptional, customizable suite of member benefits, ranging from professional development opportunities to communications to discounted rates available from leading educational access service providers and partners. View our one-pager of benefits.
The following benefits are available to all member types, as well as ALL employees of NPEA organizational, supporting institution, umbrella, affiliate, and supporting member programs, departments, or institutions, unless noted otherwise.
NPEA also offers an online community for NPEA members called MyNPEA. Click here to learn more and read FAQs.
NPEA member benefits include:
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, NETWORKING, AND BEST PRACTICE SHARING
- Held annually in April, the conference is NPEA’s signature activity. This three-day event includes a combination of workshop sessions, keynote speakers, panel presentations, and networking opportunities. A discounted registration fee is available for all NPEA members.
- In partnership with members, NPEA holds regional events around the country. Regional events in 2015 were held in Boston (MA), Chicago (IL), New York (NY), San Francisco (CA), and Seattle (WA).
- We love to hear from members and encourage requests for topic-specific resources or data, inquiries about benefits, and other outreach for information and/or assistance.
- NPEA hosts free monthly webinars for members. These one-hour professional development sessions cover a range of topics and are led by industry experts, both members and non-members.
COMMUNICATIONS AND RESOURCES
Facebook and Twitter
- NPEA shares member activities and opportunities to over 1,500 followers on Facebook and Twitter. Follow our pages to stay connected with current news and thought-provoking articles.
- NPEA promotes member job opportunities on our website and in our monthly Newsletters and Digests, which are distributed to thousands of prospective candidates in the educational access field.
- Our member-only site allows members to manage professional profiles, join discussion groups, access research briefs and webinar recordings, view member data, and connect with others.
Newsletter and Digest
- NPEA’s monthly newsletters and digests each contain invaluable resources, including research, new resources, current trends, upcoming events, job postings, and member spotlights and updates.
NPEA Data Counts
- Members have access to NPEA’s collective impact data project, which includes an annual data collection tool and summary of findings, the Data Thought Leaders Group, and sharing of best practices.
Research and Best Practice Briefs
- NPEA offers briefs summarizing current access-related research, highlighting key findings and takeaways from lengthier research articles.
- The NPEA website offers a host of resources, including member spotlights, annual conference information, region and topic-specific resources, job postings, and more.
PARTNER DISCOUNTS AND SERVICES
Click on the links below to access full details about the following NPEA member benefits, made possible through a variety of partnerships.
- AcceptU (formerly EqualApp) is an online college admissions counseling program that provides students and families with insider knowledge, application tools, and personalized support to improve admission applications. NPEA organizational members are eligible for 50% off select services.
- NPEA organizational members are eligible to receive select Bell Curves services for free. Bell Curves offers workshops for middle/high school students on a range of college readiness topics such as understanding the new SAT vs. the ACT, creating a college admissions plan, and more.
- NPEA members are invited to participate in a free online group for sharing instructional resources, lesson plans, and best practices through BetterLesson.
- CSO/I’m First offers NPEA members single-issue and bulk discounts on its I’m First Guide to College, featuring in-depth profiles of over 180 colleges and universities committed to supporting first generation, underrepresented students.
- NPEA members can join the College Greenlight community. College Greenlight is a free online college and scholarship resource for underrepresented students and organizations that support them.
- Magoosh is a test prep company that provides affordable preparation materials for the ACT, GMAT, GRE, SAT, TOEFL, and more. NPEA members save $10 on ACT and SAT Prep subscriptions.
- NerdWallet is a financial literacy website that empowers students to make smart financial choices. Their website offers students and families the resources and advice needed to best navigate the college process.
- TADS offers NPEA members a discount on end-to-end services for school or program admissions, enrollment, financial aid, and tuition management/billing systems.
- Test Prep Works, a leading publisher of test prep manuals for the SSAT and ISEE, offers customization services to schools and organizations of all sizes. Test Prep Works offers discounted pricing on customized materials to NPEA members. Members are eligible to save 50% on setup fees.
- The Princeton Review offers heavily discounted rates for NPEA organizational members on SAT, PSAT, and ACT test prep, as well as discounted grad school test prep for all NPEA members.
- WilsonDailyPrep offers discounted online SAT and ACT test prep services to NPEA members. Students complete lessons and have access to quizzes, a live personal coach, interactive vocabulary building games, and more.
Please contact Zeva Levine with questions about any of the member benefits or MyNPEA.