NPEA Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) – Ways to Reach Out
The NPEA Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) program is a membership referral initiative to encourage current members to refer potential new members to NPEA.
Follow these tips to get started today:
- Start with those most familiar to you, and then expand to your larger professional network
- Use our Sample Email to efficiently market NPEA
- Invite a colleague to try one of our benefits, such as an NPEA webinar, the annual conference, or our job board
- Spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn
- “Interested in NPEA membership? Ask me about the benefits I receive as a member.”
- When talking about NPEA with a potential member, try to learn more about the person and the organization or school they represent
- Ask about their needs, as well as their individual and organizational/school goals
- Share our How to Get the Most Out of Your Membership resources
- Share your own story. Why is NPEA important to you and your organization?
- Connect a potential recruit to an NPEA staff member (Karin, Carrie, or Zeva) at any time!
- Use personal contact or personal messages, rather than bulk emails
- Always thank people for their time – even if they do not become members, we are grateful for their consideration
Questions? Please email Zeva Levine (Member Services Senior Associate) or call her directly at (617)939-5038.