NPEA Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) – FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- What is the purpose of NPEA’s Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) program?
- How does the MGM program work?
- At what kinds of places/events should I think about recruiting potential members?
- How do I recruit a colleague?
- How will I know if I have successfully recruited a new member?
Q: What is the purpose of NPEA’s Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) program?
A: NPEA’s members are our greatest assets and are significant contributors to the value of NPEA membership. Every time you recruit a new member, you strengthen the network and value of the NPEA membership. Back to top.
Q: How does the Member-Get-a-Member (MGM) program work?
A: NPEA is offering NPEA members the opportunity to recruit colleagues and friends to become NPEA members. Once your colleagues join and pay for membership, you will be enrolled in a quarterly raffle to win a prize. This is our way of saying “Thank you” for encouraging the growth and success of NPEA. Back to top.
Q: At what kinds of places/events should I think about recruiting potential members?
A: NPEA members represent nonprofits, PreK-12 schools (public, private, independent, and charter), colleges and universities, education service providers, peer associations, independent consultants, and young professionals. We offer different member types to accommodate all of these kinds of members, including the ability to join as a department of a school or organization. As always, you can feel free to refer a potential member to our NPEA staff at anytime for further information (please have them contact Karin Elliott, Executive Director, at 617-423-6300 ext. 284 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
These are the kinds of places and events where potential members are typically recruited:
- Site Visits to Nonprofits, PreK-12 School, or Colleges/Universities
- Networking Events (e.g. Young Professionals Meetup)
- Annual Conferences in the Education Field
- Planning Meeting for New Education Access Initiative
- Professional Development Activities
- Blurbs in Newsletters or Other Marketing
- Word-of-Mouth to Friends/Colleagues
- Refer friends or colleagues by inviting them to become Members. Simply copy and paste the text of our Sample Email into your own personal email, or email us with their name and address and we will send them a welcome packet on your behalf.
- For each member you are credited with recruiting, you will be entered into the raffle. Back to top.
Q: How will I know if I have successfully recruited a new member?
A: After NPEA verifies that your recruited colleague(s) have successfully joined NPEA, you will receive an email from Karin Elliott (Executive Director) confirming the new member(s) you have recruited. Back to top.