Did You Know…
- NPEA is a membership association for organizations, programs, and institutions that are committed to educational access for underrepresented students.
- NPEA has more than 325 members in 36 states.
- NPEA organizational members collectively serve more than 400,000 students nationwide.
- NPEA members are located in major cities across the United States such as Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
Snapshot of Students Served
- 91% of NPEA member programs target youth from lower income families.*
- 72% of students served during the 2011-2012 school year come from families in which parents did not attend college.**
- 73% of students served during the 2011-2012 school year are eligible for free and reduced price lunch.**
NPEA is an initiative of The Steppingstone Foundation.
* This data compiled by annual survey designed and implemented by Brigham Nahas Research Associates.
**This data was compiled from NPEA member annual survey.