Did You Know…
- NPEA is a membership association for organizations, programs, and institutions that are committed to educational access for underserved students.
- NPEA has more than 340 members in 36 states.
- NPEA organizational members collectively serve more than 500,000 students nationwide.
- NPEA members are located in major cities across the United States such as Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
Snapshot of Students Served
- The majority of NPEA member programs target youth from lower income families.*
- 72% of students served during the 2016-2017 school year come from families in which parents did not attend college.*
- 82% of students served during the 2016-2017 school year are eligible for free and reduced price lunch.*
- The majority of students served by NPEA member programs are students of color.*
NPEA is an initiative of The Steppingstone Foundation.
*Data compiled from NPEA member annual survey.