Did You Know...
- NPEA is a membership association for organizations, programs, and institutions that are committed to educational access for underrepresented students.
- NPEA has more than 260 members in 34 states.
- NPEA organizational members collectively serve more than 150,000 students nationwide.
- NPEA members are located in major cities across the United States such as Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York City, Philadelphia, and San Francisco.
Snapshot of Students Served
- 91% of NPEA member programs target youth from lower income families.*
- 72% of students served during the 2011-2012 school year come from families in which parents did not attend college.**
- 73% of students served during the 2011-2012 school year are eligible for free and reduced price lunch.**
NPEA is an initiative of The Steppingstone Foundation.
* This data compiled by annual survey designed and implemented by Brigham Nahas Research Associates.
**This data was compiled from NPEA member annual survey.
NPEA NEWS AND UPDATES
This month we are pleased to feature the University of Minnesota College Readiness Consortium for our member spotlight. Click here to read the interview.
SAVE THE DATE: